Monday, October 11, 2010

Getting better all the time

We were still not feeling great, but a little better. The plumber came in the afternoon, and I had to tell him I didn’t speak French when he started asking me a question. I always hate to have to say that! Alan got a bunch of his Paris photos sorted and ready to print – he had one set of his arrondissement (the Latin quarter), and then a three each in five different categories like food, culture, historic architecture, modern architecture, and shopping (I think).

In the evening we were both feeling up for some outside air. The rain of the past days had dissipated, and the air was left marvelously clear. We walked around town and up to the chateau, talking about life and wishing that somehow Savannah was more like Lacoste. We’ve been here for a month, and while we’ve more than a month to go I already know I will not want to leave.

Wanted: Small town in scenic mountain area with a local graphic design firm that is hiring, near a college that is in need of a photography professor, with a dog park perfect for running and chasing squirrles. Please let me know if you find one! Kira, Alan, and I will move right in – assuming Kira still loves us when we get home : )

2 comments:

  1. The small towns around Portland are calling your name... :) Mountains? Check. Super dog friendly? Check. Lots of graphic design firms and colleges? Check. Heck, we even have olive trees and vineyards!
    Glad you're both feeling better. Being sickly sucks. Get well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, you might be right! We'll have to look into the area. At least we know there are super cool people already... : )

    ReplyDelete